Ponderings For 2007-03-11
- RIP, Richard Jeni – a very talented comedian.
- Woah. Check out the incredibly cool (sorry) pictures of these ice sculptures. Insanely talented sculpters. A particular favorite is “Aiming Eyes“
- Hey, you can keep Vista from doing that annoying screen darkening when UAC pops up a dialog. This might almost be enough to get me to turn UAC back on.
- For the rest of you who also had a beloved Speak & Spell when you were a kid
- For those of you who felt guilty about what you named your kid. This’ll make you feel better.
- Mmmmmmmmmm, chandelier…
- Would you believe this isn’t a photo? Well, it’s not. Total CG render. Even the hair is full 3D rendering.
- Man, it’d be so cool to have most any of these awesome monitor rigs.
- And you think you’ve seen some bad and/or unlucky drivers?
- So, have you ever told anyone about the time you burned a hole in your pajamas when you were 8?
- Thanks to the fact that PIXAR is now part of Disney, Toy Story 3 can commence under the proper production circumstances (a while back, when the two were going to split ways, Disney was going to make a third without PIXAR’s involvement – which would have been a VERY bad move)
- Scott Adams did a fun use of a quasi-celebrity blog. Reminds me of a strange, inverted version of a flash mob.
Dialog Of The Day: “I don’t want any trouble. I just wanna be alone and quiet in a room with a chair and a fireplace and a tea cosy. I don’t even know what a tea cosy is, but I want one.” (Buffy Summers, played by Sarah Michelle Gellar in Buffy the Vampire Slayer 3.01)
Video Of The Day: So amazingly, insanely, stupendously bad, it’s funny
Another bonus widescreen wallpaper. This is a high quality promo shot for Drive. I simply cropped it to 1920×1200 for use on my own machines and thought I’d share.